Saturday, December 6, 2008

Diet

Whenever I ski instruct I start paying a lot more attention to diet and fitness, as if I have a responsibility as a professional athletics instructor to take care of my health. I eat nutritious food like salads and fiber-rich whole grains, and I do my 50 push-ups almost every day. I even floss. It’s funny how I don’t keep these habits year round.

For the past three days I had a salad for dinner: baby spinach, mixed greens, organic carrots, mushrooms, and bell pepper. So tonight I was lazy and had poor-man’s ramen noodle soup for dinner.

One of the neat appliances we have here is a grill toaster. It’s like a toaster, in the shape of a grill coated with Teflon. You put a beef patty in it, plug it in, and after a few minutes it’s a well-done hamburger! Amazing! You don’t even have to flip anything over. What little fat there is (I bought 4% fat hamburgers) drains out into an easily washable grease receptacle. At the same time I put the buns in the real toaster next to it. It’s an absurdly simple way to cook a burger for lunch. Well, I think it’s amazing. Maybe I’m easily impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment