Sorry, when I posted the entry two days ago I forgot to upload the photo I took while I was freezing waiting for the shuttle. Here it is. I also now have the photos that I took in Sunnyvale.
The old “no through road” dead end where we would set up goals for street-hockey.
My old house looks exactly the same right down to the hedge in the entryway and the little bush by the door.
Now there are houses where there used to be a fence we could crawl under to retrieve tennis balls we lost in the open construction zone.
The tennis courts in the park where I’d learn to play and practice.
The gazebo in Ortega park we would walk past to get to and from school. Often after school we’d play in the gazebo.
One of the squirrels in Ortega Park. We had chipmunks too but I didn’t see any now, or red-winged blackbirds either.
They updated the play equipment in the park, including this climbing wall that I would have liked to have when I was a kid.
This is the sign from the side of the school that I’d walk past on the way home. Behind it you can see the big field where I would launch the model rockets I built.
Stockelmeir school outside at recess. There were a lot of kids running around.
1 comment:
Guy,
These are great photos.
Indeed the place looks the same, and you remember so many details...
Post a Comment