At noon I got up from the sun, and spent the day arranging for my flight to California. My father found me on Gmail chat and pointed out that I get to see both coasts of the U.S. in this vacation.
I wrote to let my friends know when I would be coming to visit, and I reserved a shuttle to take me to and from the airport. The shuttle can stop near the bus stop down here.
While I was at it I also emailed the events manager at PSIA to see what status I can change to while I’m in university, because I still haven’t fulfilled my training update requirements and won’t be able to afford them every two years in university.
Delta charges extra fees to check any bags (or to print a ticket, sit in a chair, eat food, use the restrooms, or use the oxygen masks when they crash...) and I don’t trust them not to lose them anyway, so I’d basically be paying them $15 to take my luggage and lose it. I borrowed a backpack from Josh that I can use as carry-on luggage.
I’d decided to do all these arrangements first thing right after breakfast, and by the time I was done and went down to the bus it was just too late to get any skiing or even go up the hill to retrieve my uniform and put it in my locker. Let’s hope nobody steals it next week. I went to the library to use their printer to print out my flight itinerary, and to check out a book for the trip.
I waited so long at the bus stop to get back that I arrived at 5:05PM, so I went to the sushi for dinner. If I’m sitting alone at the bar the sushi chefs will treat me to free extras: I ordered only spicy rolls and I got a salad of strips of seared squid and seasoned seaweed. My server tried but was not very competent, and after he took my order I also ordered from the chefs directly, and since they didn’t communicate I ended up with an extra firecracker roll. So instead of three rolls and a miso soup I had four rolls, a miso soup, and a squid salad all for $24 after tax and tip!
Scott invited people over for a small party, the first we've had here. I went down to join it late and went back up before midnight because I wanted at least a little bit of sleep before my flight tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment