Thursday, November 27, 2008

Saturday - Porno

Tal brewed a pot of coffee in the morning, of which I too partook, and I spoke with my parents on the phone. I walked down to the subway and since it was raining, I bought a $7 metrocard (that’s 4 train rides) intending to take the subway to Times Square, but I discovered too late that the southbound train was not running from that station. I decided to walk through the drizzle, and I never ended up using that card.

Upon reaching Times Square near noon I was put off by the long line to the TKTS booth: it almost blocked the sidewalk, and wrapped halfway around the square on both sides. I walked back to the apartment but stopped to buy some Airborne, a powerful immunological placebo. They told me the lines were always like that.

Rachel’s cousin Sarah and her fiancĂ© Marvin joined us for a movie that evening, in the big cinema directly across the street from our apartment. Rachel and Tal had gone for a smoke and returned with tickets by the time it took me to walk Rosie twice around the block.

We agreed to see “Zack and Miri Make a Porno” because the Mormons have banned it in Utah. It was a very funny film, and very stupid. Marvin had the bright idea to smuggle in some Scotch in Tal’s flask to make it funnier. I don’t think he needed to fill the flask to overflowing.

After the film we all went out to dinner at Indigo, an Indian restaurant... sort of an overpriced dive but the food was tasty. We made porno jokes and “that’s what she said!” quips nonstop for fully half of the dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment