Having finally found a place to live, I went to the Best Western Inn to sign a probably-not-legally-binding lease (there were many misspellings,) and I lost my notebook.
Since I didn't expect to have much to sleep on until I moved in, I went to the "Christian Center" to get sheets, blankets, and a pillow. We loaded the items into my housemate Josh’s car. The "Christian Center" is a donation center, thrift store, and a food bank. I would have taken food too but I think other people need it more than me: I have cereal for breakfast and cup of noodles for dinner every day until I'm settled in a house or start making any money. Many of the seasonal workers here live like that now, and I know some of them take from the food bank.
On this day I made a sandwich out of a whole loaf of bread for lunch. I also got a savings card at the supermarket, opened an account at a local bank, and put most of my cash into it.
1 comment:
Hi Guy,
I see it was an adventure setting in.
I am so happy you managed to go thru this difficult time, and overcame the hurdles.
You make me proud (again and again).
Volunteering in the Christian Aid center is also something that builds internal strength. They help you when you are in need and you give back.
Really nice.
Love,
Aba
Post a Comment