Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Un-party

I missed today’s training. My alarm woke me up at 1000, but I fell back to sleep and didn’t wake up until after the training began. My neck was all stiff too, and it was a hot day. I didn't bother going to the resort.

As a direct result, nobody came to my party. I wasn't surprised since I hardly told anybody where it was and people don't come to my parties anyway. Matthew called to ask directions, and he came but he had three or four beers and left after a short time because he has to work tomorrow. Simon also came to hang out and stayed longer. There were some other random people here (Mike’s friends, and Scott’s sister) so it was nice and not crowded. Somehow, we got through over three dozen beers! And half a big bottle of Chablis Blanc. We still have lots more beer... I asked Mike to drive me to Wal-Mart so I could pick up another case of thirty and some bags of chips. Zeke, the new roommate who will probably be rooming with Scott, also came over and brought another dozen Heinekens with him, so now we have more beer chilling on our balcony than it would ever be healthy to drink.

I put on the movie “Tropic Thunder” and watched that. It was funny though we didn’t follow the plot through the noise of conversation and beer pong. I also played a game of beer pong - Simon and I against Zeke and Josh. That’s a party game where you arrange cups filled with a small portion of beer into a triangular shape, and try to throw ping-pong balls into them from across a table. If you land the ball in a cup, an opposing player has to drink that cup. If they drink them all, you win. Simon and I had never played and Josh and Zeke were experts at it but Simon was a good shot and we lost by only two cups out of ten. After the movie I also put on my music from my disk-on-key, and we listened to that while we stood around talking and laughing. This was a pretty fun night, considering that nobody came and it won’t be hard for me to clean up. I don’t actually like crowded house parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment