I woke up around noon because Vanessa was talking loudly in Spanish to a webcam for at least two hours. She was still talking when I got back from my errands at five, and when I got back from dinner an hour later, but I can’t be certain she never stopped while I was gone.
Today I tried, unsuccessfully, to tie up some loose ends before I leave. I went to the bank and they agreed to close my account, but then wouldn’t let me withdraw my money because I forgot my passport! Damned AT&T wouldn’t sell me less than $15 of phone credit, so now nobody can call me. I’ve switched back to my Israeli phone.
I returned my library book and looked around the Wal-Mart and the outlet stores for some things I wanted to buy, but I couldn’t find any that satisfied. I came home and then walked down to the sushi bar for a light dinner. I reserved my shuttle from and to the airport in New York, and I asked Mike if he would drive me to the airport in his truck for $20. One loose end I finally did manage to close, and wasn't sure I would, was the tip that a noble customer went to so much effort to give me. I found the number of our mailbox, and the key to it, and the $50 check inside.
Even though I found a good roommate to replace me for the next couple of months, which is not at all an easy feat this late in the season, Josh and Vanessa refuse to return my last month’s rent or my security deposit. They even claim that I owe them still more money for utility bills - which have not even arrived yet. We had a long drawn-out argument for an hour or two and nothing was resolved but I am pretty sure I will never see that extra month’s rent again. Simon tried to call me all day (but couldn’t because my phone was out of credit) and he emailed me. Zeke offered him a job in his photography business at the Canyons, and Simon wants to take him up on it and move into my room. I offered Josh and Vanessa to have him move in so that not one but two roommates can cover the time I’m gone, but they still refuse to give me back any of the extra money I have paid from November. I was so annoyed I advised Simon that it would be wiser to look for a different place.
I did another test on the Wii Fit this evening and now it says that I'm 23 again, my BMI is a perfect 22.04 and my balance is centered right on the crosshairs even better than before.
No comments:
Post a Comment