I had Greens but my expected return didn’t show up. Instead I ended up with a bunch of kids who come on Saturdays, including the infamous Nicholas. I moved him back up to Blues right away but I don’t know how Jeff handled him. At the same time I accepted another kid at the shuttle stop.
On High Meadow I swapped around some kids with Bill who had the other green class somehow (Dan was on the board there but didn't get work), and gave my weakest to Bob who had only one yellow. Bill suggested that we split them by age or size, and that had a pretty good correlation to how well they skied. I skied with the strongest four greens, who were actually almost blue. They were three boys and a girl. She was more timid than the boys so she skied slower, but was very well-behaved and she attentively learned everything.
We skied on mainly blue runs and I graduated them all. Unfortunately they’re not coming back so it’s unlikely I’ll get a blue class tomorrow. After lunch I got them safely down Chicane, up Tombstone lift and down Red Pine Road. The new fluffy snow that kept falling all day made Chicane much easier than it otherwise might have been. After our last run down Snowdancer and through a tree trail there, I stopped to have a snowball fight. Somehow they got the back of my shirt completely soaked under my jacket. There was a parent who watched us there, but he was considerate and patient enough to come down to the proper check-out spot. Somebody gave me a $10 tip in small bills.
One of my kids had Celiac and of course lunch today had not only cheese melted on everything, but everything contained wheat. Even the chili had wheat and the french fries were coated in flour before frying! He got a chicken salad they found him somewhere. I ate a plate of fruit: there were good watermelons, melons, and pineapples today.
The Short Cut lift was very congested and I waited a long time even in the singles’ line to get on it. The cabriolet had a huge line stretching back and even at the circulator bus stop there were many people. That circulator bus was late as always, so I walked down to the main bus stop and ran some of the way. The bus home started leaving when I ran up to the stop, and I cut it off as it circled the 7-11 to get on.
I was at a party tonight: Agus, one of the lifties, is leaving on Monday and had a big farewell party. Many lifties were there but I might have been the only instructor. I had three beers for free and so you don’t get a very detailed entry today. I split a cab home with a couple of Vanessa’s friend who live near here, so that didn’t cost too much, and I just recently got home.
1 comment:
Sounds like a good day.
Post a Comment