The sun shone brightly today. I dreamed I was working in ski school, and rolled out of bed at noon. I had some tea and something to eat. Yesterday I went to the boot shop to get my orthotic adjusted and today it still hurt so I went back before going up to ski. It’s much better now, but I only got up the gondola after 1430.
I did about three runs, because I did them on the north side of 9990 and that leads you back to midmountain, so you have to take Chicane and two lifts to get back up there. First I walked across to do Red Pine Chutes, where there are great views of the mountains out of bounds, many of which are covered in tracks from backcountry skiers. Then I skied Charlie Brown which is a steep set of powdery tree chutes, my favorite. I got to do The Pines again just before Saddleback lift closed, and returned by Silverado. It was not nearly enough to tire me out but I had fun.
Returning to the locker room I saw Simon and Greg heading up to Smokie’s so I sorted my things and then joined them for one beer. I got my week’s paycheck today. I’ve had a lot of work and this has been the best month for me pay-wise, though December was much better for tips.
I’m not working tomorrow either so I thought I might go out to “local’s night” at a bar with karaoke, pool, and cheap drinks, but as by now you’ve learned to expect I was lazy and stayed home. I started to arrange my courses for the university at least.
No comments:
Post a Comment