Friday, February 20, 2009

If it’s my time to go... I am ready.

I have a week now until I leave here, after three months of the ski season. The season may go on for a couple months more, but there might not be much good snow.

There are many things I wanted to do this season that I didn’t find the time to do. I didn’t learn about avalanche safety so I could go ski the backcountry. I never learned telemark (free-heel) skiing. I didn’t even attend any official PSIA clinics to fulfill my membership requirements, let alone take the exam for level 2.

Still, this is a good enough time to leave. Some ski school classes are still very fun, but the children begin to get on my nerves occasionally. My right shin is beginning to pain me a little, indicating maybe I’ve skied enough for this winter. On many days I’d rather sleep than ski, even when the weather is good. If you’d asked me a year ago, I could not imagine that happening. I never want to lose my love for the sport. Even my lipstick is almost finished, though it is almost two or three years old by now.

So, I guess if it’s time to go back to Israel and start the next phase of my life, I’m ready. This is funny, but the thing I am looking forward to the most is my CDs! The title is from a Color Theory song. It’s about dying.

1 comment:

becomingkate said...

The last week is always bittersweet. I miss my days in the Canadian Rockies! (I waitressed there)

Post a Comment