Friday, February 27, 2009

Last day in Park City

On my last night I began packing by guesstimating the density of everything I have. I put the low-density items in the big suitcase, which is the only thing that’s weighed, and the high-density things in the laundry bag I meant to use as carry-on. That way I have all the bulky things in the suitcase and all the heavy things in my carry-on bag, so I can carry the most weight without getting overweight charges.

Today I decided that the open-top bag is silly to take as carry on, so I went to return it and buy a large duffel bag instead. It’s very big so it was unwieldy to carry but they made no problems for me to take it as carry-on. Besides my clothes I can fit a towel and a pillow in there with room for another of each. I finished my packing by about 4:00 PM.

I went to the bank to cash my tip check and take out my money. On the bus ride back, I gave away my last half-price lift ticket vouchers to a pair of random Park City employees. They would have given me some money for them but they didn’t have any cash.

Amy, Scott’s sister, is flying back to Australia today and her flight left a few hours before mine. They also asked Mike to drive her to the airport, same deal as mine; they stole my idea! Mike didn’t want to drive twice so I went to the airport with them five hours early, but only paid him half. I thought I was going to have to wait hours until they opened up the check-in desk, but it was not too long until someone showed up to take $20 for my skis and boots again.

The security guy said that I had an early start, and suggested I have dinner at the Squatters pub. I wasn’t very hungry but I took his advice and had a burger and beer there. I played on my computer until it recharged and it was time for my flight.

On the flight I watched about three hours of stand-up comedy on the TV, and napped for the last hour or so. I brought my own pillow, so that was comfortable. After we landed I took my time brushing my teeth and checking email before going to pick up my luggage, and was still there before it. There was a shuttle just about to leave so I had the driver wait for just a moment as I grabbed my skis, and took that one.

I got to Tal & Rachel’s place just around 0700. Tal let me in and went back to sleep; I went to sleep on the couch too.

No comments:

Post a Comment