Confession time- ever since Guy taught me to eat snow I have not stopped eating everything in my sight! This morning we ate about the whole breakfast buffet; I have taken a banana from the buffet, but by the end of breakfast I could not bring myself to eat it- and I effing love bananas. We were so full I thought we would roll down the mountain.
There was a group of British people at the hotel shuttle heading to the mountain. All the seats in the shuttle were taken by the Brits, yet only one of them seemed to have skis. We then had to sit in the back with the skis and quietly wonder to ourselves what are they all going to do up that mountain. Our final guess is that these people were a part of a secret mission to eat all Austrian mountains.
We did a few runs on the baby slope, which today was full of, surprise surprise- babies. Today they were racing babies. We then went up to slopes 1, 2, 3 and 7. On run 7 an old man came sliding down and he tripped over my skis and rolled down. I was worried and stopped immediately since the man was not wearing a helmet.
After doing runs 3 and 1, we stopped for some food (there is a theme to this post, can you guess what it is?) and had a hamburger and a beer (Guy) and hot chocolate (me). The burger was made of some strange meat, probably snowboarder meat.
We split at the end of trail 2, which is also the top of the city express gondola - Guy went to scour some more runs and I went to the hotel.Today I have set myself a goal- to start going faster on the slopes and be less afraid of speed, in other words- ski less like a grandma. Mission accomplished!
Guy: I thought she did fantastically today, maintaining a good speed on intermediate terrain. That was around 1530 when Leia got tired enough to call it a day, so I didn't ski very much more. I got lost without her and didn't find any interesting runs - the black ones are simply steep and icy, not that fun. It was cold and windy towards the end of the day; new snow is expected tonight. I bought some inner gloves yesterday, same as Leia has, and they kept my hands nice and warm today. When I finally returned to the hotel I found my girlfriend sweetly waiting for me at the hotel bar with the "skier's snack" - she had saved me the last bacon-like hammy product for a sandwich. For the rest of the day we didn't really do anything besides go to the sauna and have dinner. I enjoyed my starter of melon and dry-cured ham (a pleasantly light flavored opening dish) and my grilled salmon with spinach main course, even if it wasn't as dry as I would make it.
1 comment:
Chamudim,
Have a safe and happy last day / day and a half of ski!!!
(Sorry to remind that even the best vacation also ends at some point..... :-( luckily the pictures let us enjoy it more!...)
Waiting for you,
Love, Imma
Post a Comment