Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The people demand photos

We have uploaded a selection of photographs from the trip, and you can find them here. This will be a short post, so enjoy looking at the pictures.

Today was bright and sunny, good for taking pictures. It was also hot, almost above freezing! This morning my skis finally arrived, and I returned the rental ones.

Unfortunately Leia had a slow start and lost some confidence; she was too hard on herself for most of the morning, and frustrated. We learned from Phillip (our table neighbor) at dinner that he and some other people had the same sort of problem today. We took a couple of breaks, I taught her to eat some snow, and eventually she started enjoying herself more and skiing better as a result. We took the big cable car down and on the way we saw some cute baby deer, but we didn't manage to photograph them. We spent the rest of the day at the learning slope 26, and saw a couple of horses there. Actually I smelled them before seeing them. Leia was comfortable in the bottom slope and got her technique back along with her smile.

The "skier's snack" at the hotel today was only some cakes, and we got there just in time but it didn't seem worth it. We went out shopping for things like better shampoo, and a new boot bag for me. After a relaxing sweat in the sauna and a shower, we were at dinner late, and only uploaded photos in the evening. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Amir Ganani said...

Great Photos and Videos
sure looks like you are having fun there.
As I recall the 3rd day is always the hardest since the body is already tired, and requires the rest.
Good thing you took it easy that day.
from the pictures we see that the weather is also very good.
It reminds me how fun is a ski vacation.
keep having fun and take care.
Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Sharing is Caring ...

Anonymous said...

Yes, I also recall that breakdown in the middle of the week, it's exactly what I wanted to mention. If I remember correctly, at our last ski vacation (10 years ago???) I planned upfront a day off in the middle. Anyhow in the pictures and movies you look very good and happy, and so is the whole setting around you. Wow, I can't believe we gave it up so easily....
Love, Imma

Hanny Ganani said...

Hi, Abba fixed my profile.
I looked again at the movies and saw a very good student! and I guess the teacher is also great!
Kisses, Imma

Post a Comment