This morning started off great- we had an awesome breakfast after sleeping for 8 hours straight. I fell asleep like a baby last night while Guy was reading me his last post, not my fault!
We went up today to the "Baby slope", the short blue slope at the base of the mountain where I practiced some more and fell off the T bar. Guy said I was doing great and that I'm ready to get poles. Poles are a whole lot of fun, you can throw them, brake with them and constantly worry about losing them, like I was not worried enough about falling on my arse all the time. The edge of the baby slope is bordering with a nice off piste slope that was covered in some awesome fresh powder that Guy and I could not wait to ruin. Once I gained some more control over my turns and such, we went there and it was great! I was not worried about going too fast because the fresh powder provided more friction, making going too fast practically impossible. [Editor's note: Leia actually first hit the off-piste yesterday, while stopping after the side of the slope. I could tell she was eager to be a powder bunny. -G]
After about 4-5 runs of that we decided to go and have hot cocoa on top of the mountain. The restaurant up there was really nice, it was well designed and had a sun terrace to watch the slopes off of. We sat there and drank our cocoa getting ready to hit the more serious piste.
The blue piste number one was crowded with crazy fast people, also it seemed too steep at first, making me want to run for my life. Despite that, I owned that piste! Well, not quite but I did go through it, not without some whining, especially after falling (again).
That was the last run of our day, after that we went up on the chairlift where I did not fall! Then we went back to the hotel where we had goulash soup for free. After that we went to town to buy Guy an adapter and buy me some gummies. We ended up buying a whole lot of candy before heading back to the hotel to bake our aching muscles in the sauna. Sauna was empty so we had it all to ourselves which was great. [Editor's note: I forgot my power adapter again; until now I've been borrowing a power cable from the hotelier to write blog posts. They didn't have an adapter to give me. -G]
Later we had a 5 course dinner. The main course was beef wrapped up in ham, which was really the best of all worlds.
[Editor's note: I enjoyed having Leia as a guest-writer on my blog and hope you did too. She was a much better skier than she makes herself out to be. I was impressed by her bravery and skill. Please leave comments so she will want to write again! -Guy]
3 comments:
:-) :-) Good morning Chamudim!
Great to have another blogger in the family. Same flawless English, almost same style and humor,but with a different touch. And, with editor's comments it is just perfect!
I now start and end my day with your blog, and sometimes check also in the afternoon (just in case I missed something... :-)). And, I am just delighted that you are having so much fun!
Kisses, Imma
This is great,
much better than starting the day with the local news.
looks like you are having great time on and off the slopes. keep it up.
But the people want pictures !!! (I just made a bumper sticker).
BTW - who is this anonymous who signs "Imma"?
Thank you very much for your comments!
There is no need to check so often: we can't update more than once a day! We try to write write something each night for you to read in the morning.
We have taken some nice pictures, but haven't gotten around to uploading any of them yet. Some day we will upload an album and you can see them all at once.
Post a Comment