To prepare for our trip to Warsaw we went shopping for warmer gloves for me, tissues and things at the drugstore, and a vast collection of snacks: chocolate-covered biscuits, gummibears, paprika potato chips, and hazelnut wafers to give as a present for our hosts in Warsaw. I stuffed myself full of all the leftovers of things I'd cooked in the last two days, so I wouldn't be too hungry skipping dinner, and Leia prepared sandwiches for our trip. A friend of Leia's roommate came over and they hung out while I was cooking and eating. We didn't have time to do much else but shop, but Leia also got a new hat.
There is a bus right outside Leia's building that brought us directly to the train station about a half-hour early. We waited there and munched our snacks, and we continued snacking continuously on the five-hour train ride. I tried to do a little homework but I couldn't make any progress without Internet to look things up or someone to talk to about it. Leia agreed to play a computer game with me on Pixy, and she got tired right when the battery did. We slept a bit and arrived at 2300.
It was not too much trouble or confusion to find the bus that would take us to our Couchsurfing host, and after I called him on the way, he came to get us from the bus stop so we wouldn't get lost finding his place. We arrived there near midnight so they had already gone to sleep. We did get to meet their cat when we went to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment