Leia slaved away in the kitchen for most of the day before her birthday. We woke up and went shopping quite early for cupcake and mulled wine ingredients. We found prepared Gluhwine for cheaper than the cheapest red wine we could find, so Leia decided to abandon buying more ingredients for that, although I was sure I could improve on it with the right items. It was snowing and windy when we went to shop, which we enjoyed except for the snow blowing into our faces.
When her cupcakes were almost done Leia and I prepared Pad-Thai together, and it was a lot of fun cooking with her again; the woman is an artist in the kitchen. She made her banana-chocolate-chip cupcakes and because I'm not one of their many fans, she also made raspberry cupcakes. I helped a little by mixing things, even though I was feeling more under the weather by then. Just before the guests arrived I started heating, spicing, and pouring sugar into the gluhwine to make it palatable. I didn't think it was very good but guests agreed that it was all right.
Many friends and friends-of-friends came to Leia's party. Her roomate's friend A. was the first to arrive and brought a tiny teacup hidden in a Doner Kebap Box as a gag wrapping. He also brought white rum and coke, and I used the rum to spike the gluhwine when I added the second bottle. I think it got much better, and everyone drank it and enjoyed Leia's cupcakes: the raspberry ones were all eaten. There were Leia's German tandem partners, with boyfriends. We had nice conversation and people stayed a very long time: from about 2030 until 0130 on Leia's actual birthday. Her roommate brought Belgian pralines and firework sparklers to wave around. It seemed like many people brought nice gifts for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment