Tuesday, August 27, 2013

"The Sauce With an Attitude"

Air travel is rarely smooth or easy. This airline has from what I've read something like five planes and six serious safety incidents, and is never on time.

A bottle of sesame teriyaki sauce I brought for Leia caused trouble for me in security: they thought it was a bomb, and I had to reassure them it was teriyaki and I'd bought it myself.

My credit card no longer allows me into the lounge since I left Intel, but I was not upset because the lounge isn't really any better than waiting at the gate. There was hardly anyone there until the boarding time, and boarding began over a half-hour late; I hear the plane was late to arrive. There was a takeoff delay of over an hour, first due to a faulty tire and a problem with the plane's water system, which caused us to miss our takeoff window.

I read the entirety of Franz Kafka's "Metamorphosis" on the plane, because it is very short. They sold food, but I declined to buy any.

Leia was waiting at the airport over half an hour for me to land and get my bag. She jumped up to hug and kiss me immediately, and I picked her up and carried her away with my suitcase so as not to obstruct traffic. Because she is the perfect girlfriend and figured I might be hungry from my flight, she greeted me with a bottle of water, a pretzel, and a bag of gummy bears. I bought two weeks of transport passes and we took a bus from the airport directly to her apartment. It was a 45 minute ride but passed quickly in good company.

The apartment Leia shares with her roommate is big and very nice. They have a huge kitchen that is also the living room, with many spices. It cannibalizes space from a long, cramped bathroom. She had fresh raspberries and a nice dinner waiting for me after I showered.

No comments:

Post a Comment