Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Gendarmenmarkt

Leia gets up very early: at 0600 AM in the morning! I got up with her and had a sandwich for breakfast and took the subway with her to see where she works. On the way back I picked up some light bulbs to change here. Now that there's a man in the house, things need to work well. We only got about five hours of sleep so I napped for a bit before going back to meet Leia for a long lunch.

The Veitnamese restaurant we'd planned on was filled with Japanese tourists so we went to a Thai place instead. Leia showed me her work: it is a very nice-looking office that looks like a neat place to work, and her team like me but I don't know why. I went from there to Gendarmenmarkt, a nearby square that has a French and a German cathedral on either side of a large concert house. It was pretty but I was still too tired to stay long, and went home to relax and use the Internet for a while.

Leia's roommate, henceforth L2, arrived at about 4 PM and was nice and friendly. We had tea together and hung out to talk until Leia returned home after 5. We went out to shop for a few things like blueberries and shrimp. No matter what I buy or where, I always end up spending 100 shekels. Leia always manages to buy more for less. On leaving the store I wanted to have some Raffaello confections I bought, but when I opened the box I discovered that many of the individually wrapped treats were open, or eaten. We promptly returned the box to the store for a refund. Lucky I was such a fat pig that we noticed it soon.

2 comments:

Amir Ganani said...

Looks like you quickly learn to enjoy your vacation.
Take it easy and keep having fun.
Amir

Nocturnal said...

Thanks! It is nice and I'm enjoying the time to unwind, as well as being with Leia.

Post a Comment