Wednesday, March 12, 2014

White people problems

Today we got up at 0800 like always, only this time I (Leia) did not sleep as well due to a minor injury the day before. My neck was tense because of a fall that I landed strategically on my head. So this morning we went to have it examined by a doctor here in Madonna. He prescribed me some anti-inflammatory pills (which I am already taking for a previous non-ski related injury) and we were on our merry way. My other non-skiing injury in this trip was from falling in the jacuzzi. We only got to the slopes at around noon, and we skied today on the other side of the  mountain, doing specifically a steep red run I was afraid of two days ago, off lift 35. The fear is still there. We also did a draglift slope, lift 33, where we saw a midget slalom team.

I felt I was skiing well and Guy confirmed. We ended our hours skiing at the hotel spa for a much needed sauna visit and some walks through the full body Kneipp path, which Guy discovered the day before- awesome!

Before we headed out for dinner, we asked the hotel reception for another 20eu spa voucher, which we got! Score!

Then we went to a nice meat restaurant that was recommended on Trip Advisor: Guy ordered zebra meat, and I was very graceful eating lamb chops. That restaurant had a free buffet of very good side dishes we could have as much of as we wanted. Some of the side dishes were more meat: kangaroo stirfry. The last bus from town is at 2000 so there is not much time to enjoy the town after dark, luckily there is not much of a night life here, so it does not really matter. We rolled back to the hotel, full and happy.

1 comment:

Hanny Ganani said...

Hi Chamudim,
Today I manged to catch up with all your trip stories.
Sounds like you are having lots of fun (in spite of injuries....). The spa sound awesome!
You have one more day to enjoy, and to stay in one piece... (says Mom... a polish one... :-) ).
So good to hear from you about your great time!
Waiting for you,
Imma

Post a Comment