I was awoken around 0800 by the phone; my baggage had landed and the courier said he'd bring it before 1130. I said okay and went back to sleep. The phone woke me again at 1230; same courier said he was nearby and would bring my bag soon. I told him that I was at the bottom floor and he should go down the steps to bring it to me. I got dressed and brushed my teeth and then heard him going up to deliver my duffel bag to my grandmother. So I followed up to take it from her.
As it turns out, London Heathrow was probably not responsible for delaying my bag after all. I unpacked and found all of my Skittles and Mike & Ike candy had been taken out of their plastic bag and their packages and poured out all over the bottom of my duffel bag, and most of them were crushed, discolored, or half melted. My box of Mike & Ikes was ripped open, emptied and crushed. My kilogram bag of Skittles had exactly one skittle left inside it; the rest were on the bottom of my duffel bag. There was ruined candy in all my clothes, even in my dad's shoes. After sadly taking out and cleaning my clothes and things, I found a little note from the US Transport Security Administration, that they'd gone through my baggage and messed it up again. Obviously they assumed my candy must be drugs. It wouldn't be the first time. My rock of salt crystals that was given to me as a souvenir was shattered as well, and my battery charger was full of salt shards and rattled when I shook it. Most of the salt rock was still intact, so I threw away the broken bits and kept it.
2 comments:
Bastards! Why would they mess with your skittles?! I've never seen any drugs that looked like Skittles.
Yeah they don't care, maybe they're just jackasses, or so incompetent that they had to lick every skittle individually and throw them back in the bottom of the duffel bag to be sure they weren't explosives. They really emptied it all out.
What can I say? TSA people are just plain stupid. That we have to put up with this sort of crap is really how the terrorists won.
Post a Comment